Sunday, January 27, 2008

Pixetra Posts

This series of pictures is from our trip to Ragihalli on the outskirts of the Bannerghatta National Forest. Highly recommended for birders and nature lovers. I want to go back again.

Amogh silhouetted against the dawning sky.

Laughing Doves: This was the first time I'd seen these incredibly named birds. No, I didn't hear them call at all much as I would have loved it.
The slew of photographers standing around waiting for breakfast and then the word "GO!"

A Magpie Robin gives us the marching orders from atop a roof.
A coppersmith barbet readied himself for his morning's hard work of banging a pot into shape.

A babbler peers through his leafy hide - man watching.

This tree in the water started us off on a memorable journey of photography and nature.

A large female funnel-web spider awaits us on our path through the jungle.

Shivu, our guide of the day, carried a bottle of water in a flourescent green plastic bag. To his credit, when the water ran out, he didn't discard the bag but brought it back to camp with him.

Pothen and Sandipan stand silhouetted.

Sethu, our benevolent mentor and guide in photography critiques a picture by Binu.

A stone cairn at the top of the hill caught everyone's eye and was, in turn, caught on everyone's camera.

This picture might have looked better in silhouette but Amogh's features were interesting, I thought.

Getting set for a shot. The shadows made for compelling photography.

I love black and whites, especially when I think I've caught everyone unawares.

I did catch Sethu unawares though. I like this one. The picture was taken as a black and white and this is not a result of post processing.

Sandeepan emerges from the inner forest trail. Battered, bruised, and bleeding, we were, nevertheless, happy. We'd seen a slender loris and to our everlasting envy, only two people managed to get decent photographs of it.

And finally, the crab that made it to the big time. There were other distractions, but mud, sweat, blood but, thankfully, no tears, we made it to lunch and a leisurely discussions on the failings of nature that wouldn't help us at all.

6 Comments:

Blogger Sharath said...

Good write up...
Nice photos...
hope your autofocus gets fixed..

9:39 AM  
Blogger travel plaza said...

CP,
Great pictures!!So glad you're back:-)

6:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great photos man...will join you all in the next workshop, till then you can have a look at photos taken by me...

3:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

flickr.com/denim83

3:30 AM  
Blogger Couch Potato said...

Once again, thanks Denim. I'd love to meet up with you at the next workshop, providing of course, I can be there myself.

12:54 AM  
Blogger Sanna said...

Interesting blog, I'll be back since I hope for more. :)

4:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home